AssessmentLet’s try a small project to assess your current technical abilities.
Don’t worry if you can’t get it perfect, just do your best to learn the material and complete the work. Then, if you are so inclined, feel free to make it better, beautiful, or flashy. Remember, the purpose of this exercise is to gauge your ability to learn and implement new technology.
Let’s Get Started
- Go to the Udemy website and enroll in the free class named HTML and CSS Foundations. You’ll have to filter by your search results to only show Free courses or potentially scroll through several pages of the result to find the one that looks like the image below.
For extra credit – Continue through the remaining sections and apply what you learn to the assignment. This course is a very condensed “quick start” type course. Don’t be discouraged if something doesn’t make sense now. We’ll cover all of this material in more detail in class.
- Your photo
- Your name
- Your email address
- Your current job title
- Your bio – should have multiple paragraphs
- A list of your favorite activities
- A link to your LinkedIn profile
If you don’t have a LinkedIn profile, link instead to the Google homepage – http://www.google.com.
- Make the text displayed in the button Show Greeting.
- Make sure all of the files are included in the email.
If you know how to “zip up” all the files in a single archive file that might work better!