One of our clients in Austin is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to support their existing application platform and provide technical guidance and expertise for improvements and feature development. This client’s applications manage a suite of products and services that are sold as add-ons to auto, RV and motorsports purchases. The client has an existing suite of both internal and external applications and is building a new platform to help grow their business. The Senior Software Engineer will play a critical role in bridging the gap between the client’s in-house development and IT teams and the consulting team working on the new portal. This person will also be expected to support all of the client’s software applications and be available to respond to outages, errors and other issues that might affect the client customer’s ability to use their software. If you or anyone you know would like to be considered for this position, please submit your resume to [email protected].
- Supports existing applications and provides technical guidance and expertise for improvements and feature development.
- Works with IT team to resolve issues, implement improvements and develop new integrations with the backend AS/400 system.
- Works with consulting team to resolve issues, implement improvements and develop new integrations with the new web portal application.
- Participates in the Analysis, Design, Development, Testing, Deployment and Documentation of software applications.
- In some cases, acts as lead on a project or a feature/function of the project.
- Follows client’s software data protection guidelines and security guidelines in developing software.
- Follows client’s guidelines for ensuring the security of client intellectual property and other related guidelines as necessary.
- Helps mentor other development team members.
Skills and Experience
- Graduate from a Software Engineering bootcamp or traditional higher education program focused in Software Engineering or a similar discipline. A demonstrable mastery of Software Engineer skill set can be substituted for a formal education.
- Four or more years of experience building and supporting modern large-scale software applications using the following technologies.
- ASP.NET MVC / Web API / C#
- SQL Server
- Ability to troubleshoot issues in a large-scale, distributed application.
- Ability to develop software in a Linux and/or Windows environment.
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team.
- Ability to solve problems quickly
- Ability to multi-task and stay organized in a dynamic/fluid work environment.
- Excellent interpersonal/communication skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Pleasant, self-motivated and driven team player.
- Passionate about software development.
- Dependable, available and on-time.
- Committed to continuous improvement.