Bootcamps seem like the quick fix to changing careers but are they really all that great?
YES! If you are considering changing careers or expanding your existing skillset to increase your salary or upward mobility and are willing to put in the work here is why you should get on the boot camp train.
1. Learn Faster Than On Your Own Teaching yourself is great but it takes incredible self-discipline and extra work. When you have a set schedule with classes that require attendance you will be pushed harder than you can push yourself. So if time is of the essence, bootcamp is the way to go.
2. Teamwork Teamwork is essential to success in the real world. You will work on teams to solve problems and build products. Good boot camps have you work on team projects during camp. This helps develop communication, conflict resolution, and project management skills, which are essential to growing your career in any industry.
3. Fast pace and high impact Boot camps are fast paced. If you want to change your career quickly, bootcamps provide a ton of information in a short amount of time. It might feel like drinking from the firehose at times, but in the end, you will walk out with more knowledge than you ever thought possible in such a short period of time.
4. Support from experts The tech world is all about learning from others. Throughout your career, you will learn new languages, frameworks, and tools from colleagues and bosses. Find a bootcamp that has instructors and TAs who are currently working in the industry and will be able to help you solve relevant problems. You should feel supported instead of stuck when trying to digest all the new information.
5. Networking and access After you graduate, your bootcamp provider should help you find a job. They are plugged into the industry and have connections with companies looking to hire new developers. You won’t have to go it alone, but instead, feel supported through your job search. They will help build and word your resume, teach valuable interviewing techniques, as well as be able to provide leads for job opportunities.
So what are you waiting for? Apply Now
#inventiveacademy #technology #tech #techtrends #technews #industry #software # solutions #startups #engineering #business #work #future #repost #education #information #career