Happy New Years!!! Welcome to 2019! New Years resolutions are often a part of ringing in the New Year!
At Inventive we are all about New Year Resolutions for us as individuals, but also as a company! According to a recent ComRes poll, the most common New Year’s resolutions include:
- Exercise more (38%)
- Lose weight (33%)
- Eat more healthily (32%)
- Take a more active approach to health (15%)
- Learn new skill or hobby (15%)
- Spend more time on personal wellbeing (12%)
- Spend more time with family and friends (12%)
- Drink less alcohol (12%)
- Stop smoking (9%)
- Other (1%)
Inventive’s New Year Resolutions fall in line with the above and are also a part of our company values:
- Promote a healthy work-life balance – We already offer unlimited PTO to employees but we try to promote this balance by giving them time to take their kid to the doctor, or take a day to breathe; we want to work with our employees and contractors to make this even better in the new year.
- Promote diversity – We believe better ideas and unique approaches to solving problems come from a diverse pool of people. We offer multiple scholarships to our Coding Academy for women in tech, veterans, the rainbow community, and underserved peoples. We also hire employees from around the world. Our team consists of people from the US, Canada, Ukraine, and Mexico.
- Promote an active healthy lifestyle – Many on our team try and live Keto in order to be healthier. When we moved into our new office we decided, let’s have a gym! Now equipped with a full sized punching bag, weights, medicine balls and coming soon, a rowing machine!
- Promote continued education – We hold tech Thursdays every other week where our engineers share their expertise with each other. We plan to continue this as well as share events around the community for all of us to participate in to continue sharpening our skills.
What are your New Year Resolutions?
#inventivelife #newyears2019 #happynewyear #resolutions