TAMU's School of Innovation came to Inventive for help in replacing their existing student app, MaroonBase.
Year after year, we see innovative higher education institutions radically transform their campus experience with personalized and engaging digital apps that connect their users while helping them succeed.
Texas A&M University (TAMU) is one of those institutions at the forefront of that innovative thinking.
MaroonBase was initially created as a way for Aggies to take advantage of resources and on-campus experiences in order to help them increase their academic excellence, creativity, leadership, and entrepreneurship. The original MaroonBase app was very basic scheduling platform. Its capabilities were sufficient enough but its overall design and user experience didn't quite fit what TAMU needed.
TAMU identified the following needs in order order for the new app to provide an even more positive and robust experience for their students:
- Apple and Android compatible
- User-friendly dashboard
- Remove the need to enter events twice — once for the web and once for mobile
- Easy-to-find, searchable events in the mobile app
- Elimination of expensive recurring costs for the University
- Visually clean, sleek, stylish, and simple
- Officially branding the app “MaroonBase” in the App Store
Enter in: Our Inventive team of innovative and dedicated engineers who were itching at the opportunity to create something amazing, taking what TAMU had built and redesigning it in a way that was customized to fit all of their needs.
And that's exactly what they did.